Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WAY BEHIND!!!!

It's been so long since I've blogged...... I'll just do a brief catch-up from January on.

As many of you know Michael and I left our Church in late November. The reasons are not important. What is important is that there was a break in our relationship with serving God and serving our Church. We opted to step away from issues and negative situations that were leading us away from our relationship with God. I do admit that this was very difficult and hard on all of us. I personally have been going to Covenant since I was 4 years old. It was as if there had been a death in the family. We have visited many Churches and for the time being we are visting Rocky River Community Church and really enjoying it. Our boys are having a great time in their kids program.

We had a couple of snow days, which were really fun. One day I stayed out with the boys and we played and had a snowball fight they loved it and they got to use their snow bibs!!! Then they headed to Boone with Memaw and PawPaw (Bill and Nancy Williams) oh and Aunt Joy too.... For a week at their cabin. There was lots of snow there so they were able to sled, build a snowman, and pee in the snow!!!!

Michael and I went to Charleston in March for a marriage retreat with Rocky River Community Church. We had a wonderful time and the retreat was great too. We met some new friends and just enjoyed our time alone without the boys.

Two weeks ago I traveled with my girlfriends to the Children's Museum in Winston-Salem. It was so much fun. The boys really enjoyed the giant bean stalk you can climb that goes up two stories. We played there for several hours, had lunch, and headed back home. We were all exhausted but look forward to visiting there again this summer.

Memaw (Nancy) had knee replacement surgery on March 4th. She is doing GREAT and recovering very quickly. While she has been recovering Bev and Bob Yates have been watching the boys. The boys LOVE going to their house with all the dogs and they get to play with Jenny and Micah too. In addition, my mom and Aunt Mary were here last week to keep the boys and when they left on Saturday they took them back to TN with them for the week. It has been very quiet at my house!!!! My niece Carley and I will travel there on Friday to pick them up. I miss them but I'm also enjoying my evenings at home.

No comments: